https://lagente.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/LG_print-logo.jpg 578 1102 La Gente https://lagente.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/LAGENTE156H.png La Gente2016-05-02 11:33:102016-05-02 11:33:317 Comments Commuters Are Tired of Hearing
7 Comments Commuters Are Tired of Hearing
This piece was written by Kimberly Soriano and Roxana Martinez.
- “At least you’re saving money…”
Response: Umm no, I’m still broke.
- “That’s not thaaat bad…”
Response: Oh, really? Is your walk to the dorms worse?
- “Lucky, at least you get your mom’s food….”
Response: Not all moms cook.
- “I wish I can be home all the time”
Response: Between our bus commute and our time on campus, we’re almost never home.
- “Why don’t you get a car?”
Response: Yeah, because I have that kind of money just laying there.
6. “Save me a seat in class!” -the student who lives on campus
- “At least you don’t have to pay rent.”
Response: Some students have the privilege of not having to pay rent and others do not have that privilege and pay rent at home.
In conclusion: commuters are tired, hungry, and sleepy, so feed us and stop asking for annoying favors or justifying our long trip home!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!